It’s official. I have found the PERFECT chocolate chip cookie recipe for those who are SERIOUSLY challenged when it comes to baking (i.e. me). If you also suffer from this affliction, I am here to tell you that this recipe is a SURE THING. Put all of your epic baking fails behind you and get ready to work some magic with these delicious and surprisingly easy to make cookies. The recipe is:
- 1 cup softened butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup brown sugar – cream these together. Now – don’t melt the butter in the microwave to soften it. That does not work (trust me).
- Add two eggs and 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture. Try not to get the shells in the mixture. Also, it’s a good idea to actually measure the vanilla instead of eyeballing it. They say baking is a science, you know.
- In a SEPARATE bowl, mix 2 cups of flour, a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of baking soda together. I am pretty sure it’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Stir the flour into the butter mixture. Add 2 cups of chocolate chips. Start eating dough immediately. Do not share.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. I would love to know how to get the Fahrenheit symbol in this post.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 minutes, 10 at the most. Under-baking is key according to my gorgeous cousin Miranda (why she wastes her time baking instead of taking over as a global super-model is not clear to me). Miranda also pointed out this recipe has been on the back of the “Chipits” package for years (take that Martha Stewart).
That’s it. Super easy and delicious. I would take a photo of these cookies to show you but my family has already devoured them. Good luck!